Monday, July 14, 2014

The 10 Things... That RUN Through My Head in 10 Miles


Mile 1: Ten miles to go. Easy peasy. I got this.

Mile 2: I mean who's gonna know if I just did 6 or 7. I could always jump to 11 next weekend and still be ok. Is it hot out here? Man, it's hot out here. 


Mile 3: My water feels light already. I hope I have enough in my Camelback. If I don't I'll just stop. There - that's why I can say I could only do 7. How weird would it be if I just asked somebody working in their yard for water. Really weird, right? What if I know them? Still weird? Or does that make it even weirder


Mile 4: I don't care what people say I still love Britney. I totally DO want a "piece of her"! There I said it. I don't want to best friends or anything - she's definitely still got her crazy. I would be friends with Taylor Swift though, I think. Unless she's whiny. I can't do whiny. Now winey, I can do. What if you had to share your playlist right now. Totally secure with that? It's like letting someone into your closet. I have to clean my closet. 

Mile 5: There are a lot of runners out here this morning. And yet, they all don't seem to be struggling quite as much as me. I am going to assume they are not going ten miles today. I wish I could shout at them - "yeah I look better when I'm only going three too!". You know those sticker things that parents put on their babies onsies every month for the first year?


I want to make some for long runs. Maybe that would catch on. I'd be rich and famous over mileage stickers. I am afraid they'd chafe though (doesn't it always come down to chafing?!) - so maybe I need to make shirts - sell them in "training packages". Hmm I think I am a genius. 


Mile 6: Gu-hooo! I made it the magic number. Time for my fuel up. Acell Gel is the best... although someone mentioned using salt sticks to me recently - I am going to try those on my next long run. Must remember this. Must remember this. Must remember... oh pretty flowers.

Mile 7: I am NEVER doing a marathon. I know that every time I say this people say "you wait"... no I mean it. I know tons of marathoners, obviously, and they are all amazing and I am in awe. But, for me, that would be like taking this running thing a few steps to far - or about 13.1 miles too far to be exact. I am just not interested in that long of a long run. The only good thing about doing a marathon - if I were to do a marathon - is that I wouldn't be chasing a PR. There is beauty and almost ease or atleast less personal pressure in doing something for the first time. I don't think I'll ever PR the distances I have already run. Wait - am I sad about that? I don't think so. I should blog about that... 

Mile 8: Why do I always speed up after I pass people? It's not on purpose I swear - but I must kind of look like a jack a**. How long do I have to keep this pace up? 100 yrds 200yrds? Yeah I'm good they can't see me, backing off the jets. 


Mile 9: I am in love with these shoes. But I am totally getting a blister on my little pinky. Isn't that a song? No - that's blister on your little finger. Ugh, stuck in my head now! Well I can't feel my pinky - so it must have just curled under and died. Didn't I read that we're evolving to have no pinky toes? That'd be good for running I think. 

Mile 10: Yessssss! Now, what am I gonna eat today?? Run to eat; eat to run. Ice cream. It's always ice cream.



Follow @runliferunlove




No comments:

Post a Comment