Sunday, August 3, 2014

Short Thoughts on a Long Run


totally got burned by my husband Cutting Edge style [Saturday] morning; I set my alarm for 7:00a to get up and out before kids woke up to start my long run. He set his alarm for 6:30 and shook me at 6:45 to say he was going surfing. Well played, Husband. My run was delayed by two hours but I still got done thanks to unusual cooler Virginia weather this week.

If you're tugging at your underwear on mile one - you are in trouble.

Why must I always have a mile devoted to thinking about running a marathon when I KNOW I will not run one? Get out of my head marathon! You are my welcome here!

The best part of my runs will always be my kids hugging me when I come home and screaming "mamma did you have a good run?" 

If it 'feels like' you're losing a big toenail - it's too late - it's already gone.  

Lucky Charms works just as good as good Luna Bar as a pre run breakfast. Who knew. I do now.

Rain for the last three minutes at the end of a long humid run is the best spontaneous shower - ever. I could stand and stretch in it for five extra minutes.... And did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment